Reseller agreement with DotAlliance Inc.
PART A Services and Support
- We will allow you the reseller the ability to appear as a full-fledged
registrar with all the control and back up from us that you need.
PART B Obligations of Reseller
- We will try to appear as invisible as possible so that you clients always go
back to you.
- You may have sub resellers below you.
- We will provide you with full backend support using your choice or any
combination of a fully configurable web based interface and API.
- You may ask us all the registrar related questions that you cannot answer
for you customers and then pass with responses on without stating the
- You acknowledge that you must serve all the rights and privileges that you
clients require as registrants.
- You agree that the registrant agreement must be followed with all special rules for global (gTLD) domains (under the current
jurisdiction of ICANN) and the country code (ccTLD)
- You acknowledge that in the event that you are unable to provide timely
service to your clients, we as the registrar are required to take over and
provide such support to your clients. Furthermore you acknowledge that if you
continue in such a manner to fail to provide such support to your customers that
in order to keep the reputation of the registrar and other resellers to be of
the highest quality we can and will take over your client base and offer it to
other resellers that have demonstrated competence in handling the affairs of
- You acknowledge and undertake responsibility for providing accurate contact
information from your customers to DotAlliance and that you will respond back to us
within 5 days for any requested update to the Whois should it appear inaccurate
- You are responsible for maintaining a balance with us
in order to perform domain registration, renewal, transfers and any
other services we may offer you.
PART C Registrar Rights:
- The Reseller must ensure that the
Registrant of each Domain Order must agree to be bound by the terms and
conditions laid out by the Registrar of the Domain Name during the term of the
Domain Order. The Reseller must familiarize himself with such terms. The
Reseller acknowledges that the Registrar has various rights and powers as
mentioned in the Registrar's terms and conditions. The
Reseller acknowledges and agrees to be responsible for any liability resulting from Registrants'
non-compliance with such terms and conditions.
- The Reseller will not make any changes
to any information associated with the Domain Order without explicit
authorization from the Registrant of that Domain Order.
- The Reseller must comply with all
applicable terms and conditions, standards, policies, procedures, and practices
laid down by ICANN, the Registrar and the Registry Operator.
Registrar in their sole discretion, expressly reserve the right to
freeze, delete, suspend, deny, cancel, modify, take ownership of or
any Domain Order, in order to comply with any applicable Dispute
requests of law enforcement, or in compliance with any Court Orders, or
if the reseller or Service Providers in their sole discretion determine
information associated with the Domain Order is inaccurate, or has been
tampered with, or has been modified without authorization, or if the
Service Providers in their sole discretion determine that the Domain
ownership should belong to another entity, or if
does not comply with any applicable terms and conditions, standards,
procedures, and practices laid down by the Registrar, Service
Providers, ICANN, the
Registrar and the Registry Operator. The Reseller agrees that the
Service Providers, and the contractors, employees, directors, officers,
representatives, agents and affiliates, of Parent and Service
not liable for loss or damages that may result from any of the above.
PART D Non disclosure Agreement,
PART E Liability
- You agree that being providing with
access to our application program technology (API) is solely for
the interface necessary to support your customers.
- You will not copy or use the technology in any way other than the intended purpose using this registrar.
- You will not attempt to combine, alter or adapt the interface in any way or with any other party.
- You acknowledge that the API belongs solely to the registrar.
- You will not abuse (intentionally or otherwise) the structure of these services provided to you.
- You will not attempt to reverse engineer or use any method to obtain source code.
- You are responsible for your clients following these rules.
- Infractions will result in suspensions of all privileges and legal action where appropriate.
PART F Breach
- You agree to indemnify hold harmless the registrar, it
agents, representatives and subsidiaries from any action, proceeding or
claim relating to the use of our services.
- You agree that should the interface fail to respond or be
remedied in a timely manner your only recourse is suspension of this
contract and refund of any of your fees that have not yet been used.
You agree to follow registrants agreements and that failure to do so breaches the resellers agreements.
If you provide false or misleading information, disrupt or abuses Dotalliances’s
Registry services, engage in advertising or representations to the public or
other behaviour which Dotalliace, acting reasonably, determines are false, misleading
or detrimental to Dotalliance, the Registry, ICANN or any Registrant, registrar. or third
party this constitutes a breach in contract.
If you fail to provide suitable
and timelysupport to your customers in their ability to update the
whois, change nameservers of transfer their domain this shall
constitute a breach.
If you fail to provide accurate whois contact update upon request this shall be considered a breach.
If you fail to keep an adequate
balance with us to renew your domains and your clients are thus unable
to renew their domains that they have paid you for this is considered a
A breach is ground for termination of your resellers agreement and this could result in loss of your client database.
APPENDIX A - ICANN TERMS (3.12)
- Reseller is prohibited from displaying the ICANN or ICANN-Accredited Registrar logo, or from otherwise representing itself as accredited by ICANN unless it has written permission from ICANN to do so.
- Any registration agreement used by reseller shall include all registration agreement provisions and notices required by the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement and any ICANN Consensus Policies, and shall identify the sponsoring registrar or provide a means for identifying the sponsoring registrar, such as a link to the InterNIC Whois lookup service.
- Reseller shall identify the sponsoring registrar upon inquiry from the customer.
- Reseller shall ensure that the identity and contact information provided by the customer of any privacy or proxy registration service offered or made available by reseller in connection with each registration will be deposited with Registrar or held in escrow or, alternatively, display a conspicuous notice to such customers at the time an election is made to utilize such privacy or proxy service that their data is not being escrowed. Where escrow is used, the escrow agreement will provide, at a minimum, that data will be released to registrar in the event reseller breaches the reseller agreement, and such breach is harmful to consumers or the public interest. In the event that ICANN makes available a program granting recognition to resellers that escrow privacy or proxy registration data as detailed above, and reseller meets any other criteria established by ICANN in accordance with its Bylaws, reseller shall be permitted to apply to ICANN for such recognition.
- ICANN has published an educational webpage summarizing the terms of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement and related Consensus Policies (as of the date of this Agreement, located at: https://www.icann.org/en/registrars/registrant-rights-responsibilities-en.htm). Reseller shall provide a link to such webpage on any website it may operate for domain name registration or renewal clearly displayed to its Registered Name Holders at least as clearly as its links to policies or notifications required to be displayed under ICANN Consensus Policies. ICANN may, in consultation with registrars, update the content and/or URL for this website.
- In the event Registrar learns that a Reseller is causing Registrar to be in breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, Registrar shall take reasonable steps to enforce its agreement with such Reseller so as to cure and prevent further instances of non-compliance. Resellers shall promptly notify Registrar if any such breach.
- Resellers shall publish on their website(s) and/or provide a link to the Registrants' Benefits and Responsibilities Specification attached hereto and shall not take any action inconsistent with the corresponding provisions of this Agreement or applicable law.
Comments and questions to:
467 202 St